Makes 8 servings, 1 ½ cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Ease of Preparation: Easy
½ cup long grain brown rice
¼ cup lentils
6oz veggie crumbles
1 cup broccoli florets (frozen or steamed)
½ cup cooked carrots, sliced or chopped
½ cup onions, chopped
½ cup bell peppers, chopped
½ cup sliced mushrooms
1-10.5 ounce can reduced sodium fat free cream of mushroom soup
1 cup light soy milk
½ cup fat free sour cream
1 ½ cups light cheddar cheese, shredded
½ cup grated reduced fat Parmesan cheese
1. Heat 2 cups of water in a sauce pan, add the long grain brown rice and cook according to pkg directions. Add lentils about 20 minutes before rice is done, so they will both be done at the same time.
2. On medium heat sauté the onions, peppers and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes add the cooked vegetables (carrots and broccoli).
3. Add the soup, milk and sour cream to the vegetable mixture, mix well.
4. Combine the veggie mixture with the rice and lentil as well as the veggie crumbles. Add 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar and ¼ cup of Parmesan. Put mixture into a 9X13 inch baking dish.
5. Sprinkle remaining shredded cheeses on top of mixture.
6. Bake at 350° degrees for 20 minutes, or until bubbly around the edges
Nutritional Notes: per serving: calories 310; fat 8.2g (sat 3.4g, mono 0.6g, poly 0.5g); iron 3.6mg; cholesterol 19mg; calcium 394mg; carbohydrate 31g; sodium 390mg; protein 23g; fiber 8g
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A: 40% daily value; Vitamin C: 45% dv; Calcium: 40% dv; Iron: 20% dv