Makes 10 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour (plus cooling time)
Ease of Preparation: Easy
2 links sun dried tomato-basil turkey or chicken sausage
2 links sweet turkey or chicken sausage
2 links hot turkey or chicken sausage
½ lb ground turkey (93% fat free)
1 sweet onion chopped (1 cup)
1 cup bell peppers (yellow/red or orange) chopped
8 oz sliced mushrooms
48 oz of Prego (Heart Smart)
8 oz ricotta cheese low fat
3 cups mozzarella, part skim, grated
1 pkg lasagna noodles (I use 10 noodles in a 13X9 pan)
1. Cook noodles as directed and drain on a cookie rack in sink…cool with cold water
2. Sauté the first 8 ingredients (thru mushrooms) squeeze the sausage out of their casing (before cooking) and as they brown be sure they are in small pieces. (You can also throw in any leftover vegetables like summer squash or zucchini)
3. Add 2-48 oz jars of Prego let this simmer while cooking the noodles.
4. Assembly: In a 13 X 9 pan put a small amount of sauce in the bottom of the casserole dish, layer the noodles/ rocotta (put on in small amounts and spread the best you can)…. sauce to cover and shredded mozzarella on top of that. Repeat layers noodles (going the opposite direction from the first layer)/ ricotta/sauce/ mozzarella. You will probably end up with 3 layers of noodles. On the last noodle layer just cover with sauce and mozzarella.
5. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly around the edges. Cool for 15 min before serving.
Nutritional Notes: per serving: calories 427; fat 13g (sat 4.5g, mono 0.5g, poly 1g); iron 2.5mg; cholesterol 80mg; calcium 190mg; carbohydrate 47g; sodium 1173mg; protein 28g; fiber 6g