Portobello mushrooms have a meaty texture and rich flavor that beefs up this vegetarian stir-fry.
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time:25 min
Total Time:25 min
Ease of Preparation: Easy
11/3 cups uncooked long-grain brown rice
2 2/3 cups water
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon honey
1 (6-oz.) pkg. portobello mushroom caps
1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 garlic clove, minced
3 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 6 oz.)(or use frozen)
1/4 cup water
1. Cook rice in 2 2/3 cups water as directed on package. Cover to keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, in small nonmetal bowl, combine all sauce ingredients; blend well. Set aside.
3. With small metal spoon, scrape underside of mushroom caps to remove dark gills and stems. Cut mushroom caps into 3/4-inch pieces.
4. Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms, onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook and stir 3 minutes.
5. Add broccoli and 1/4 cup water; cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Add sauce; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly and thickened. Serve over rice.
Nutritional Notes: Calories 320; Fat 1g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 1260mg; Carbohydrate 68g; Fiber 4g; Protein 9g