Pork Chops with Curried Applesauce
Makes 2 servings, 1 chop, 3 tablespoons of sauce
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
2 5-6oz lean boneless pork chops
2 tablespoons of flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
vegetable cooking spray
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
1/8 teaspoon curry powder
1. Combine flour, salt and pepper and dredge pork chops through the mixture.
2. Coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat until hot.
3. Add chops and cook 3 minutes on each side, until browned. Add applesauce and lemon juice; cook over medium heat until chops are tender, about 4 minutes. Remove chops from pan, set aside and keep warm.
4. Add the next 5 ingredients (green onion thru curry powder) to applesauce mixture. Cook over medium heat uncovered about 2 minutes, to allow flavors to come out and it begins to thicken. Stir often.
5. Serve sauce over the pork chops.
Nutritional Notes: per serving: calories 234; fat 5g (sat 1.7g, mono 2g, poly 0.7g); iron 1.5mg; cholesterol 66mg; calcium 18mg; carbohydrate 16g; sodium 413mg; protein 30g; fiber 1g
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A: 2% daily value; Vitamin C: 8% dv; Calcium: 2% dv; Iron: 8% dv