Jessie’s Baby Back Ribs
Makes 6 servings (2-3 ribs each)
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours
Ease of Preparation: Easy
3 lbs baby back pork ribs
½ cup rib rub .
½ cup BBQ sauce (try our Smokey BBQ Sauce , or whatever is your favorite)
1. Take silver sheathing off of ribs. On the bone side there is a sheathing which you can rip off in a sheet. Start at one end and pull sheathing.
2. Prepare the Rib Rub and put this mixture on ribs. (See tips)
3. Heat grill to med-high heat (4000-4500). Put ribs on for 5 minutes on each side. (No grill… you can do this step under the broiler, about 3-4 minutes on each side.)
4. Let them cool so you can handle them, wrap the ribs in saran (plastic wrap) then wrap over saran with foil.
5. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 3500 for 2.5 hrs.
6. Let ribs cool. Unwrap the ribs, foil and saran…(saran will not melt…don’t worry)
7. Paste with your favorite BBQ sauce and return to 3750 oven for 15 minutes.
Tips & Tricks
Tip: If not using our Rib rub you may choose something like Emeril's Essence and mix 1/4 cup Essence and 1/4 cup brown sugar to use as your rub.
Nutritional Notes: per serving: calories 580; fat 37g (sat 13g, mono 16g, poly 6g); iron 2mg; cholesterol 156mg; calcium 100mg; carbohydrate 16g; sodium 380mg; protein 44g; fiber 1g
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A: 15% daily value; Vitamin C: 2% dv; Calcium: 10% dv; Iron: 15% dv