Makes 10 servings (1 - 9 inch pie)
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours & 45 minutes (includes 3 hours of chill time)
Ease of Preparation: Moderate
3 cups marshmallows
½ cup 2% milk
3 tablespoons crème de menthe
3 tablespoons white crème de cacao
1 ½ cups whipping cream, chilled
green food coloring
20 oreo cookies (do not use the filling) – 40 halves
6 tablespoons margarine, melted
1. Put oreo cookies into a food processor and pulse until smooth (about 1 ½ cups).
2. Poor melted margarine into food processor with oreo crumbs, while pulsing. Mix well.
3. Pat oreo mixture into bottom and sides of 9 inch pie plate. (Save 3 tablespoons of oreo crumbs for decoration on top of pie, prior to serving.) Bake in oven for 5 to 10 minutes; remove from oven and cool completely. Once cooled, place in freezer to chill.
4. While crust is cooling, heat marshmallows and milk over medium heat, stirring constantly until melted. Chill until thick.
5. Whip, whipping cream, until stiff peaks form then gently fold in the liquors and marshmallow mixture. Add a few drops of green food coloring if desired.
6. Pour into crust and chill 3 to 4 hours prior to serving. Sprinkle reserved oreo crumbs on top.
Nutritional Notes: per serving: calories 337; fat 20.48g (sat 9g, mono 3.4g, poly <.5g, trans 3g); iron 1mg; cholesterol 41mg; calcium 40mg; carbohydrate 35g; sodium 193mg; protein 2g; fiber 1g
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A: 10% daily value; Vitamin C: 0% dv; Calcium: 4% dv; Iron: 6% dv