Game Time Buffalo Wings
Makes 8 servings (2 wings)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Ease of Preparation: Moderate
3 tablespoons nonfat buttermilk
¼ cup hot sauce, such as Frank's RedHot, divided
3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar, divided
2 pounds chicken wings
6 tablespoons whole wheat panko
6 tablespoons cornmeal
¼ cup egg substitute
1. Wings: Whisk buttermilk, 2 tablespoons hot sauce and 2 tablespoons vinegar in a large bowl until combined. Add chicken; toss to coat, let marinate for at least 10 minutes or up to 1 hour.
2. While chicken is marinating, whisk panko and cornmeal in a shallow dish. Whisk the remaining hot sauce and vinegar in a small bowl; set aside.
3. Remove the chicken from the marinade and dredge in the egg substitute then roll in the panko mixture until evenly coated.
4. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. After you place chicken on baking sheet, spray chicken with cooking spray, bake for 20 minutes turn and spray again and bake another 20 minutes until crispy and cooked though.
5. Drizzle remaining hot sauce mixture over chicken just before serving.
Nutritional Notes: per serving: calories 300; fat 18g (sat 4.75g, mono <.5g, poly <.5g); iron 1.5mg; cholesterol 85mg; calcium 12mg; carbohydrate 10g; sodium 529mg; protein 23g; fiber 0.5g
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (120% daily value).