Cinnamon Pumpkin Bread
This recipe has no eggs and no oil and is wonderfully moist thanks to the flax seed and applesauce. A healthy treat any time this is good especially in the fall.
Makes 24 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hr 15 minutes
Ease of Preparation: Easy
2 tbsp flaxseed
6 tbsp water
1 cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin works well)
1 cup white sugar
½ cup applesauce
1 1/3 cup whole wheat white flour
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp ground cloves
1. Preheat oven to 3500
2. Put flaxseed and water into blender and blend until light and frothy.(These take the place of eggs.)
3. Mix together flaxseed mixture, pumpkin, applesauce and sugar.
4. Whisk dry ingredients together then add to the flaxseed mixture – mix well .
5. Pour batter into greased and floured loaf pan(s).
6. Bake at 3500 55 to 60 minutes for a 9x5 loaf pan.
Nutritional Notes: 70 calories; 0g fat; 16g carbohydrates; 0mg cholesterol; 1g protein; 2g fiber; 110mg sodium;