Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Makes 6 servings, 2 strawberries each
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
1 dozen ripe strawberries
2 oz (3/4 cup) chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with Parchment paper.
2. Wash the strawberries and dry them thoroughly.
3. Place the chocolate pieces in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until it is melted, stirring after every 30 seconds (see tip). Remove it when some pieces are still not melted, and stir until they melt.
4. Hold a strawberry by the stem, dip it in chocolate, twirl it in a circular motion to evenly cover most of the berry.
5. Place the berry on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining berries and chocolate.
6. Once all of the berries are dipped, refrigerate them for 30 minutes to set the chocolate. These candies taste best when eaten the same day they are made, but will last up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
Tips & Tricks
Tip: Overheated chocolate is hard to work with because it gets thick, so it's important to keep an eye on the chocolate during this process.
Nutritional Notes: per serving: calories 64; fat 4g (sat 2.3g, mono 1.2g, poly <.5g); iron 1.2mg; cholesterol <.5mg; calcium 11mg; carbohydrate 6g; sodium 2mg; protein 1g; fiber 1.5g
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C: 25% daily value; Calcium: 62% dv; Iron: 6% dv