Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta with Chicken
The inviting aroma of fresh marjoram in this dish is enhanced by the sundried tomatoes. Serve with sautéed fresh spinach for a complete meal.
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Ease of Preparation: Easy
8 ounces whole -wheat pasta
1 cup water
1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes, (not oil-packed), divided
1 plum tomato, diced
1 clove garlic, peeled
3 teaspoons chopped fresh marjoram, divided
1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed (1-1 1/4 pounds)
A pinch salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 9-ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
1/2 cup finely shredded Romano cheese, divided
1. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
2. Meanwhile, place in a blender: 1 cup water, 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, plum tomato, garlic, 2 teaspoons marjoram, vinegar and 2 teaspoons oil. Blend to desired consistancy.
3. Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, until golden outside and no longer pink in the middle, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; tent with foil to keep warm.
4. Pour the tomato sauce into the pan and bring to a boil. Measure out 1/2 cup sauce to a small bowl. Add the remaining 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes to the pan along with the pasta, artichoke hearts and 6 tablespoons cheese. Cook, stirring, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Divide among 4 plates.
5. Slice the chicken. Top each portion of pasta with sliced chicken, 2 tablespoons of the reserved tomato sauce and sprinkle the remaining cheese and marjoram over each plate.
Nutritional Notes : 457 Calories; 12 g Fat; 3 g Sat; 6 g Mono; 68 mg Cholesterol; 54 g Carbohydrates; 36 g Protein; 10 g Fiber; 272 mg Sodium; 546 mg Potassium